Sponsors of the 2010 Toyota Enviro Outreach

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hallo, my name is Buddy and I am your blogger


This is a long story, but I like stories. You see, ever since I became the Toyota top dog things changed. I mean, I changed things a bit. For the better of all concerned, of course. Not only am I the chief spokesperson... em... spokesdog for all of Toyota’s products (check me out on all the great TV ads), but when I heard about the Toyota Enviro Outreach, I knew this was it. I am very, very big on nature conservation and the environment.

Believe me, I wasn’t barking up the wrong tree, because those guys at head office started yelping with pleasure when I said I was taking over the blogging duties on the trip. I know what you’re thinking now: “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” Hey c’mon, did you look at me? Look again. Old dog, gmf...

But enough about me as I am really quite modest. We are all packed and ready to roll. Tomorrow morning the convoy is leaving South African Wildlife College (thanks for that lekker buffalo t-bone, Theresa) for the long awaiting trip. There are 10 Toyota’s and four Jurgens CI off-road trailers in tow and me, being the top dog riding up front in vehicle number one. Of course...

Every day I will be reporting back to you guys on this blog, telling you about what we’ve seen, done, taught and learnt. And please don’t be scared of me, I am a friendly dog. Man is a dog’s best friend, after all. What I mean is, please write back to me, we’d like to read what you think about what we are doing.

Unfortunately, because we will be travelling long hours and set up camp after dark often, we will not be able to respond to all comments. But I would like to read them all to the crew around the fire. While we listen to hyenas, jackals, lions and some other bush sounds. And eating braaivleis. While I watch these poor humans swatting mozzies...

Hey wait, enough for now, must get some shut eye. A dog’s gotta do what a dog’s gotta do. Call time is four tomorrow morning. I’m so excited, I think I’ll count cats to try and fall asleep...

This is Buddy the blogger barking off.


PS. For more stories on the Toyota Enviro Outreach go to www.litnet.co.za. Click on the Toyota Enviro Outreach badge on the homepage.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, best of luck with the trip. I hope all goes well (logistically and emotionally) and you meet all your objectives and more. Enjoy the wide open free spaces. Cheers. Ian from WWF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sterkte met julle avontuur en Buddy... Gandhi laaik jou stukkend!!!!

    Home-Base Klipbokkop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Het nounet die onderhoud met Gerhard gelees - nou verstaan ek ook sommer beter :) EN hy se elke ou het sy job daar(verniet so beskeie,C). Geniet dit en hoop al jul projekte werp goeie vrugte af!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Top Dog!!!
    Your greatest Fan in England

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hey!!! Woof woof!!! Following your journey every single day!!! Thanx for creating this!!! There's a special dude in ur crew, super gorgeous, super sexy, super intelligent!!! Do keep an eye on him Bud coz once in the bush, he tends to stray!!! Glad u will read this to him!!! His name's Steve and this is Gumba Tumba in Centurion!!! Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Buddy! My Boxer Buddy says "high paw Bud!"

    ReplyDelete