Sponsors of the 2010 Toyota Enviro Outreach

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Buddy across the border

The first thing I want to ask you is: Do you have any idea how early four o’ clock in the morning is? Even way up north it is two hours before the sun starts showing itself. Well, I got up, got in Toyota number One and went straight back to sleep.

We drove outside the Kruger all the way up to Punda Maria. Apparently. When we entered the Kruger National Park, I woke up. Things got going. Although we only travelled 70 kilometres through the park, we saw lots of animals. I hate those baboons, they look too much like humans, but can’t even talk. Unlike me.

In any case, how many dogs do you know that have crossed two international borders in one day? Me. Those guys on the Mozambican side were great. I even learnt about obrigado...How many trilingual dogs do you know? Me.

In Moz things really lit up. Thick sand, low range, diff locks, technical stuff, really. But those Toyota’s made me proud to be their top tog. Except for a little huffing and puffing when we got stuck in the Limpopo River. Do you know of any dogs that have done a full-on river crossing across the Limpopo? Me.

The border post between Mozambique and into Zim was quite a lengthy affair and made us arrive rather late at Masvingo where we set up camp in the dark on the banks of the Rundu River. There are hippos and crocs all over the place. Apparently. I am not checking.

I’m rather tired after 17 hours through Africa and if you’ll excuse me, I’ll sign off now.

Blog you later.


Download GPS Tracks for today: Google Earth Format & GPX Format



2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Enjoying your blog! Post some photo's of all the stunning animals you saw! Hope you don't get stuck today!

    PS I know what it feels like to wake up at 04:00, the birdies has been singing since early this morning! I'm not complaining! LOVE summer! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bom Dai
    Como foi a sua viagem? Bly om te hoor julle rit loop goed af.Die kinders is mal oor Buddy hulle wil net weet hoekom sy tande so wit is(LOL).Ek raak saam met julle opgewonde soos ek die updates volg.
    Ate Logo.Tchau.Carine Goshai

    ReplyDelete